THAT'S RIGHT! I've brought up another instance of a forum software I'd like us to switch to; but instead of Discourse this time, it's MyBB! It's a better version of phpBB with more features and a more fleshed-out user experience.
Pros compared to the current forums:
- Quick posts post without refreshing the page
- The theme looks nicer (in my opinion, at least)
- The theme is more customizable
- The User CP is waaay better organized (same goes for the mod and admin CPs)
- It uses the new category listing that's better organized
- The smilies are... marginally better
- I can easily purge spammers' posts and ban them with a single click
- The editor is much nicer and supports things like autosaving and spoiler tags
- The forum theme is no longer responsive (this is the only major issue I have with myBB)
- I currently can't get recent posts to show up on the front page, I think it might be an issue with the plugin I'm using?
- I don't see a feature that allows me to have new users' first posts be approved by an admin before being shown on the site. If anyone knows a plugin that can do this, let me know.
Click here to try out the myBB forums! (removed link because offline)
(Note: these aren't official. This is just a Discourse forum hosted by Spriteclad to gauge the reactions of the WOW community.)
click here for the old post