Welcome to the Windows On Windows® forum! The forum is free for anyone to use, so come join in the fun!

...Forum not enough for you? Chat live with other Windows® fans on our Discord server!

[POLL] First Version Of Windows You Used?

Use this forum to post general Windows®-related discussion that does not fit into one of the specific forums above.

What was the first version of Windows that you used?

1.x
No votes
2.x
No votes
3.x/NT 3.x
No votes
16%
NT 4
No votes
98/98SE
21%
5%
ME
No votes
XP
55%
Vista
No votes
No votes
8.x
3%
No votes

Total votes: 38

jKcementj
Windows® 2.1
Windows® 2.1
Favourite Windows® development process: Longhorn/Vista
Favourite Windows® operating system: Vista & 2000

Re: [POLL] First Version Of Windows You Used?

Postby jKcementj » April 28th, 2016, 4:12 pm

First Version was Used is Windows 8.1. On April 2015 was Upgrade 8.1 Pro. She Microsoft without perision of user to upgrade to Windows 10....? Check this for new updates for Windows 10 cause more serious problems that never before: http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly ... 294a103900

jmilan0302
Windows® 1.0
Windows® 1.0

Postby jmilan0302 » April 29th, 2016, 8:08 pm

The first one I ever used was XP on a PC that my parents bought in 2005. The motherboard lasted for 9 years, then died. Everything else works, I even use the hard drive in a Core 2 Duo PC now. But the next version was either Vista or ME (lol, the 2 version that people say are the worst, but I liked both Vista and ME at the time) on a Toshiba laptop with a Core 2 or a Pentium 2 400 MHz. I think I even used Dial-Up on the XP PC once, we couldn't get anything better until I think 2008 or 2009 when we got ADS which was basically DIal-Up on steroids. Anyways, when I was 6 I got our XP PC and I broke it by playing around in the command prompt, then we gave it to my grandparents and they kept the Pentium 2 for a long time until they threw it away. I didn't want them to throw it away though, I even walked to the dumpster later that day to see and SOMEONE TOOK IT ALREADY... Probably some gypsies looking to make some moneyto get bread. Anyways we only really threw away the motherboard, case, CPU and floppy drive.

MS-GIL
Windows® 98
Windows® 98
Favourite Windows® development process: Whistler
Favourite Windows® operating system: Windows XP

Postby MS-GIL » May 15th, 2016, 6:14 am

Windows 95 was the first I used when I was very young. It completely dazzled me and like everyone else, loved to watch the 3-D maze screensaver :D. Shortly after, my dad bought a new PC running XP and so my sisters and I received his old one running Windows 98 SE and I did not notice anything different for about two weeks afterward when I logged on and saw the 95 had become a 98 and that time I had the speakers on at startup and noticed a different sound :D
ImageCheck out my YouTube channel! Just search MS-GIL on YouTube!

alexandru_c
Windows® 98
Windows® 98
Favourite Windows® development process: Windows Server
Favourite Windows® operating system: Windows Server

Postby alexandru_c » May 18th, 2016, 1:17 pm

When I got my first ever PC I was 5, but my "pc-meeting" started when I was younger than 5, from old photos, the only PC wich we had was on 98/98SE/2000 windows machine but sadly, motherboard died so the only memories I have using a Windows OS is the second PC wich was running XP, I played games and my dad hated to see me using a computer (he loved to play Prince of Persia on it).
So, let's start with my true first touch of a Windows PC wich I remember very clear. It was my first PC, a non-branded Windows XP machine without any network interfaces, I used to play old games and Zuma, also I somehow managed to use Internet Explorer to access some games wich I didn't know where they really are... That PC got it's motherboard killed by power problems and then the PSU got a "pistol shot"-like sound because a kid wich someone had where that PC was "repaired' managed to change the PSU voltage from 220 to 120...
Now, more informations about that PC can be found here: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=81

//Edit because I forget about this: I started using Virtual Machines and tweaking Windows OS on that PC wich can be found in the upper link.
What can you do with just some basic PHP knowledge: http://splatform.sourceforge.net

Awesome LIVE event right NOW: [url ]http://radiozu.ro/forzazulive/ [ /url] - event over

Don't Mind Me
Windows® 1.0
Windows® 1.0
Favourite Windows® operating system: Windows 10

Postby Don't Mind Me » June 2nd, 2016, 4:56 am

For me it was the Windows 2000s they had back in elementry school.

UltimatePOPCORNS
Windows® 1.0
Windows® 1.0
Favourite Windows® development process: Windows Vista
Favourite Windows® operating system: Windows 7

Postby UltimatePOPCORNS » August 27th, 2016, 3:41 pm

The first one I saw was Windows 2000 in school.

The first one I used was Windows XP on dad's computer.
For whatever reason, the "Vista VG" theme was on it, looks like dad likes custom themes as well.
The first game I ever played was Pinball, then I found a bunch of flash games on the internet.

When he finally bought a pc for me, it came with Windows 7(that was the one I used until recently I decided to build a new one)
Cause I can't stand that Celeron E3300 anymore, it sucks so much(as of today).

feandesign
Windows® 2.0
Windows® 2.0
Favourite Windows® development process: Longhorn
Favourite Windows® operating system: XP/7

Postby feandesign » August 27th, 2016, 8:47 pm

The first one I used was Windows XP on dad's new laptop in early 2007 (funfact: it still works!) and the first thing I made was painting some crap in MSPaint, then playing built-in games like Solitaire or Minesweeper (I actually didn't play that properly, just mashing random buttons).

In Mid 2007, I got my first ever personal computer (yeah, I was 4 years old back then) and I had an access to the internet, but I used it only for watching some YT videos, downloading a bunch of programs that were useless for me and playing flash games on Newgrounds. That PC also had XP. Unfortunately, it broke around a year later.

Whirling
Windows® 1.0
Windows® 1.0
Favourite Windows® operating system: Windows 10 (or 7)

Postby Whirling » October 22nd, 2017, 10:21 am

I used Windows 8 and 10 for some time, so...

Return to “General Discussion”