Welcome to the Windows On Windows® forum! The forum is free for anyone to use, so come join in the fun!

...Forum not enough for you? Chat live with other Windows® fans on our Discord server!

Windows Mockups (fake Windows versions)

Use this forum to post general Windows®-related discussion that does not fit into one of the specific forums above.
User avatar
Spriteclad
Windows® 2.1
Windows® 2.1
Posts: 61
Joined: April 14th, 2016, 6:39 pm
Favourite Windows® development process: Longhorn!
Favourite Windows® operating system: 10
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 20 times
Gender: Male
Contact:

Windows Mockups (fake Windows versions)

Postby Spriteclad » July 18th, 2016, 8:02 pm

So, if you've ever been really bored on YouTube one day, you've probably stumbled upon one of the infamous Windows Mockups (formerly known as Windows Never Released) videos. If you don't know what they are, then they're basically screenshots of fake Windows boot screens with modified Windows boot sounds on top of them. Some of them are pretty good, while others... not so much. What I want you guys to do with this thread is to post your fake Windows creations, good or bad!

My only tip is that I recommend you use something other than just MS Paint to make your bootscreens/fake screenshots, and use something like Paint.NET or GIMP. (Or Photoshop if you're an adult who has money.) Also, use period correct fonts if you can! (Such as Tahoma/Franklin Gothic for XP/2000, Franklin Gothic for 95/98, or Segoe UI for Vista and onward.)

Here, I'll post one of my old ones (from like, 2009) to start off with: (I have newer ones, but they aren't done yet, so.)
Image

Go ahead and show me yours!



User avatar
Splitwirez
Windows® 95
Windows® 95
Posts: 130
Joined: May 25th, 2016, 9:31 pm
Favourite Windows® development process: Vista/Longhorn
Favourite Windows® operating system: WinLH 4039, Win8 7850, Win8.1 9600 (w/ mods)
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 34 times
Gender: Male

Re: Fake "Never Released" Windows Versions

Postby Splitwirez » July 18th, 2016, 8:58 pm

Does it have to be bootscreens? 'cause I've got some desktop concepts lying around, so...can I post those? :3
ImageImage
Image

User avatar
Spriteclad
Windows® 2.1
Windows® 2.1
Posts: 61
Joined: April 14th, 2016, 6:39 pm
Favourite Windows® development process: Longhorn!
Favourite Windows® operating system: 10
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 20 times
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Fake "Never Released" Windows Versions

Postby Spriteclad » July 18th, 2016, 9:02 pm

Yeah, sure, go ahead! Bootscreens, desktops, doesn't matter. Heck, I'll even allow fake sounds if you can find a place to host them.

User avatar
Splitwirez
Windows® 95
Windows® 95
Posts: 130
Joined: May 25th, 2016, 9:31 pm
Favourite Windows® development process: Vista/Longhorn
Favourite Windows® operating system: WinLH 4039, Win8 7850, Win8.1 9600 (w/ mods)
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 34 times
Gender: Male

Re: Fake "Never Released" Windows Versions

Postby Splitwirez » July 18th, 2016, 9:48 pm

Image
Seems someone leaked Windows Vistahorn Post-pre-reset RTM Beta -1 Pre-Alpha Omega-12 Milestone 42 Build 5074 :D
Oddly the Taskband is completely nonfunctional in this build when DWM is enabled...then again, 5048 didn't change the taskbar at all when DWM was enabled, so... yes this is an obvious cover up for the fact that I forgot to do that part forever ago when I made this concept)
ImageImage
Image

User avatar
theEstnet
Windows® 2.0
Windows® 2.0
Posts: 27
Joined: June 1st, 2016, 8:32 am
Location: Estonia
Favourite Windows® development process: Whistler
Favourite Windows® operating system: Windows Vista
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 5 times
Gender: Male

Re: Fake "Never Released" Windows Versions

Postby theEstnet » July 19th, 2016, 10:47 am

Welp, heres some OC :P

Image
Computers: Some really bad HP Pavilion Laptop (main) [Win 10], Dell Dimension 5000 (backup) [Anything I can throw at it] , Dell Studio 1535 (broken) [Win 7]
"A HUM4N G0D THA7 WAS MAN-M4DE
WH3RE 1S Y0UR SAViOR N0W?!"
-Virus.Win32.Savior

User avatar
alexandru_c
Windows® 98
Windows® 98
Posts: 156
Joined: May 1st, 2016, 10:15 pm
Location: Romania
Favourite Windows® development process: Windows Server
Favourite Windows® operating system: Windows Server
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 24 times
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Fake "Never Released" Windows Versions

Postby alexandru_c » July 21st, 2016, 9:51 pm

Windows Longmetron, build 9668
This version of Windows uses the Metro Cash & Carry logo ( https://www.metro.ro/ ) because Microsoft was lazy also, this version of Windows was made also in help by Splitwirez who managed to remove the bloatware windows 10 came with and downgraded the Windows to a much better UI bringing back the old Windows 7 boot loader and Windows 8.1 performance. This update costs only 99.99$ (Free if you contact Splitwirez and ask for an ISO image)
Image

Credits:
Metro - the logo
Splitwirez - the desktop screenshot (if he doesn't like because I included that in my GIF, please delete this post)
Last edited by alexandru_c on July 21st, 2016, 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
What can you do with just some basic PHP knowledge: http://splatform.sourceforge.net

Awesome LIVE event right NOW: [url ]http://radiozu.ro/forzazulive/ [ /url] - event over

User avatar
Splitwirez
Windows® 95
Windows® 95
Posts: 130
Joined: May 25th, 2016, 9:31 pm
Favourite Windows® development process: Vista/Longhorn
Favourite Windows® operating system: WinLH 4039, Win8 7850, Win8.1 9600 (w/ mods)
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 34 times
Gender: Male

Re: Fake "Never Released" Windows Versions

Postby Splitwirez » July 21st, 2016, 9:56 pm

alexandru_c wrote:Windows Longmetron, build 9668
This version of Windows uses the Metro Cash & Carry logo ( https://www.metro.ro/ ) because Microsoft was lazy also, this version of Windows was made also in help by Splitwirez who managed to remove the bloatware windows 10 came with and downgraded the Windows to a much better UI bringing back the old Windows 7 boot loader and Windows 8.1 performance. This update costs only 99.99$ (Free if you contact Splitwirez and ask for an ISO image)

...please tell me it's obvious to anyone else reading this that that's a joke. There's no way I could singlehandedly do all of that O.o
ImageImage
Image

User avatar
alexandru_c
Windows® 98
Windows® 98
Posts: 156
Joined: May 1st, 2016, 10:15 pm
Location: Romania
Favourite Windows® development process: Windows Server
Favourite Windows® operating system: Windows Server
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 24 times
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Fake "Never Released" Windows Versions

Postby alexandru_c » July 21st, 2016, 10:11 pm

Splitwirez wrote:
alexandru_c wrote:Windows Longmetron, build 9668
This version of Windows uses the Metro Cash & Carry logo ( https://www.metro.ro/ ) because Microsoft was lazy also, this version of Windows was made also in help by Splitwirez who managed to remove the bloatware windows 10 came with and downgraded the Windows to a much better UI bringing back the old Windows 7 boot loader and Windows 8.1 performance. This update costs only 99.99$ (Free if you contact Splitwirez and ask for an ISO image)

...please tell me it's obvious to anyone else reading this that that's a joke. There's no way I could singlehandedly do all of that O.o


Well, that's why I choosed to keep "Microsoft" (so you didn't do all of that yourself) at the copyright thing. Anyway, it would have been interesting to test that "OS" to some of my hardware I have.
What can you do with just some basic PHP knowledge: http://splatform.sourceforge.net

Awesome LIVE event right NOW: [url ]http://radiozu.ro/forzazulive/ [ /url] - event over

User avatar
Splitwirez
Windows® 95
Windows® 95
Posts: 130
Joined: May 25th, 2016, 9:31 pm
Favourite Windows® development process: Vista/Longhorn
Favourite Windows® operating system: WinLH 4039, Win8 7850, Win8.1 9600 (w/ mods)
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 34 times
Gender: Male

Re: Fake "Never Released" Windows Versions

Postby Splitwirez » July 21st, 2016, 10:51 pm

alexandru_c wrote:
Splitwirez wrote:
alexandru_c wrote:Windows Longmetron, build 9668
This version of Windows uses the Metro Cash & Carry logo ( https://www.metro.ro/ ) because Microsoft was lazy also, this version of Windows was made also in help by Splitwirez who managed to remove the bloatware windows 10 came with and downgraded the Windows to a much better UI bringing back the old Windows 7 boot loader and Windows 8.1 performance. This update costs only 99.99$ (Free if you contact Splitwirez and ask for an ISO image)

...please tell me it's obvious to anyone else reading this that that's a joke. There's no way I could singlehandedly do all of that O.o


Well, that's why I choosed to keep "Microsoft" (so you didn't do all of that yourself) at the copyright thing. Anyway, it would have been interesting to test that "OS" to some of my hardware I have.

...I meant the "help by Splitwirez who managed to remove the bloatware windows 10 came with and downgraded the Windows to a much better UI bringing back the old Windows 7 boot loader and Windows 8.1 performance" part, but okay...

...meeh, whatever. It's all done now :V
ImageImage
Image

User avatar
MS-GIL
Windows® 98
Windows® 98
Posts: 151
Joined: May 15th, 2016, 5:13 am
Favourite Windows® development process: Whistler
Favourite Windows® operating system: Windows XP
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 23 times
Gender: Male

Re: Fake "Never Released" Windows Versions

Postby MS-GIL » July 23rd, 2016, 2:07 am

This is one I created in 10 min :P
Image
ImageCheck out my YouTube channel! Just search MS-GIL on YouTube!


Return to “General Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest