Welcome to the Windows On Windows® forum! The forum is free for anyone to use, so come join in the fun!

...Forum not enough for you? Chat live with other Windows® fans on our Discord server!

Windows Whistler Build 2419 Bios Date

Ask a question, respond to a question or post a comment on any part of the development of Windows® XP and related versions (e.g. Windows® Fundamentals for Legacy PCs) here.
MrTuba
Windows® 1.0
Windows® 1.0
Favourite Windows® development process: Windows Vista (Longhorn)
Favourite Windows® operating system: Windows 2000 Professional & Windows 7

Windows Whistler Build 2419 Bios Date

Postby MrTuba » January 22nd, 2017, 6:47 pm

Hello everyone,
before I tried to install Windows Whistler (Build 2419) on VMWare, I heard (on few web sites) that you need BIOS date for this build to work. And yes, you need, but i found several BIOS dates that just don't work. Just to say, in VMWare after you start this build without proper BIOS date, virtual machine would just freeze, while in Virtual Box it would just crash. If that crash / freeze means anything, here are versions that i use: VMWare Workstation 12 (12.5.1 build-4542065) and Virtual Box 5.1
So, here is a BIOS date that worked for me:
January 23rd 2001.
I installed this build on 2 different computers (on VMWare of course) and I got same results.
Also, here is product key for this build that I found:
DW3CF-D7KYR-KMR6C-3X7FX-T8CVM
Thank you for reading this!

Hey everyone, please check out my YouTube channel. Just search Javalled on YouTube. Thank you!

MS-GIL
Windows® 98
Windows® 98
Favourite Windows® development process: Whistler
Favourite Windows® operating system: Windows XP

Re: Windows Whistler Build 2419 Bios Date

Postby MS-GIL » January 29th, 2017, 5:34 am

I did a tutorial on this over on my youtube channel in Virtualbox. In fact that is the exact date I used in the video :P
ImageCheck out my YouTube channel! Just search MS-GIL on YouTube!

Return to “Windows® XP (Codename "Whistler") [2001]”