Welcome to the Windows On Windows® forum! The forum is free for anyone to use, so come join in the fun!

...Forum not enough for you? Chat live with other Windows® fans on our Discord server!

Problem with Virtualization (VT-X)

Discuss here anything that does not fit into the other areas of the forum. (If you have a suggestion for a new sub-forum, please make it known by posting in the Suggestions Box.)
User avatar
MS-GIL
Windows® 98
Windows® 98
Posts: 151
Joined: May 15th, 2016, 5:13 am
Favourite Windows® development process: Whistler
Favourite Windows® operating system: Windows XP
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 23 times
Gender: Male

Re: Problem with Virtualization (VT-X)

Postby MS-GIL » August 15th, 2016, 6:38 pm

TheComputerBetaG wrote:Are you able to screenshot your specs of the host machine? Even if you need to do it in PM

Image


ImageCheck out my YouTube channel! Just search MS-GIL on YouTube!

User avatar
alexandru_c
Windows® 98
Windows® 98
Posts: 156
Joined: May 1st, 2016, 10:15 pm
Location: Romania
Favourite Windows® development process: Windows Server
Favourite Windows® operating system: Windows Server
Has thanked: 60 times
Been thanked: 24 times
Gender: Male
Contact:

Re: Problem with Virtualization (VT-X)

Postby alexandru_c » August 15th, 2016, 10:14 pm

MS-GIL wrote:I really really appreciate you searching for me, but that didn't work. My machine does support AMD-v but it supposedly is being used bu another hypervisor :/


Yes, but I found that helpfull to try if you can run the VM without AMD-v since right now you can't use it.

Found something else but I don't think you would like their fix (BIOS upgrading), also there are some more informations about your error too:
https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=60989

Have you tried to run a 64-bit VM in VMware workstation Player? If yes, what did you get there? - it may be or may not be an usefull information regarding your issue -
What can you do with just some basic PHP knowledge: http://splatform.sourceforge.net

Awesome LIVE event right NOW: [url ]http://radiozu.ro/forzazulive/ [ /url] - event over

User avatar
MS-GIL
Windows® 98
Windows® 98
Posts: 151
Joined: May 15th, 2016, 5:13 am
Favourite Windows® development process: Whistler
Favourite Windows® operating system: Windows XP
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 23 times
Gender: Male

Re: Problem with Virtualization (VT-X)

Postby MS-GIL » August 16th, 2016, 12:06 am

alexandru_c wrote:
MS-GIL wrote:I really really appreciate you searching for me, but that didn't work. My machine does support AMD-v but it supposedly is being used bu another hypervisor :/


Yes, but I found that helpfull to try if you can run the VM without AMD-v since right now you can't use it.

Found something else but I don't think you would like their fix (BIOS upgrading), also there are some more informations about your error too:
https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=60989

Have you tried to run a 64-bit VM in VMware workstation Player? If yes, what did you get there? - it may be or may not be an usefull information regarding your issue -

The bios is probably to blame. I haven't upgraded it, but I cannot find any upgrades for it. I'm considering just giving up on virtualization.
ImageCheck out my YouTube channel! Just search MS-GIL on YouTube!

User avatar
TheComputerBetaG
Windows® 98 Second Edition
Windows® 98 Second Edition
Posts: 185
Joined: April 14th, 2016, 5:49 pm
Location: E:\NAmerica\United_States.exe
Favourite Windows® development process: Vista
Favourite Windows® operating system: 7, 98, Vista
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 21 times
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: Problem with Virtualization (VT-X)

Postby TheComputerBetaG » August 17th, 2016, 10:38 pm

MS-GIL wrote:
alexandru_c wrote:
MS-GIL wrote:I really really appreciate you searching for me, but that didn't work. My machine does support AMD-v but it supposedly is being used bu another hypervisor :/


Yes, but I found that helpfull to try if you can run the VM without AMD-v since right now you can't use it.

Found something else but I don't think you would like their fix (BIOS upgrading), also there are some more informations about your error too:
https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=60989

Have you tried to run a 64-bit VM in VMware workstation Player? If yes, what did you get there? - it may be or may not be an usefull information regarding your issue -

The bios is probably to blame. I haven't upgraded it, but I cannot find any upgrades for it. I'm considering just giving up on virtualization.


Don't give up on virtualization! It helps when it is fixed!

Could you give us an example on what is the virtual machine specs are (for the one that is not working)? I'll look at mine (since my host machine is practically similar in specs).

User avatar
MS-GIL
Windows® 98
Windows® 98
Posts: 151
Joined: May 15th, 2016, 5:13 am
Favourite Windows® development process: Whistler
Favourite Windows® operating system: Windows XP
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 23 times
Gender: Male

Re: Problem with Virtualization (VT-X)

Postby MS-GIL » August 17th, 2016, 10:46 pm

Windows 8.1 VM
Trying to install Windows 8.1 32-bit (tried installing x64 first)
Each time it was given 3 GB of ram and 256 mb of virtual memory
25 GB HDD
At first on the 32-bit one, I had virtualization turned off
(Everything from Windows 7 32-bit backward works with the exception of Apple products, Android, linux products such as zorin, and OS/2)
ImageCheck out my YouTube channel! Just search MS-GIL on YouTube!

User avatar
TheComputerBetaG
Windows® 98 Second Edition
Windows® 98 Second Edition
Posts: 185
Joined: April 14th, 2016, 5:49 pm
Location: E:\NAmerica\United_States.exe
Favourite Windows® development process: Vista
Favourite Windows® operating system: 7, 98, Vista
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 21 times
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: Problem with Virtualization (VT-X)

Postby TheComputerBetaG » August 18th, 2016, 12:01 am

You never specified if your VM was 84 or 64. You only stated you tried the two installation media. Screenshots of the VM settings are appreciated!

User avatar
MS-GIL
Windows® 98
Windows® 98
Posts: 151
Joined: May 15th, 2016, 5:13 am
Favourite Windows® development process: Whistler
Favourite Windows® operating system: Windows XP
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 23 times
Gender: Male

Re: Problem with Virtualization (VT-X)

Postby MS-GIL » August 18th, 2016, 9:16 pm

Image
It is set as 32-bit but doesn't run because it needs Virtualization.
I deleted my x64 machine (which was set as such)

My android machine if this helps:
Image

The Acceleration tab is greyed out because I turned off virtualization cause I needed to use a few of my virtual machines that run without it
ImageCheck out my YouTube channel! Just search MS-GIL on YouTube!

User avatar
TheComputerBetaG
Windows® 98 Second Edition
Windows® 98 Second Edition
Posts: 185
Joined: April 14th, 2016, 5:49 pm
Location: E:\NAmerica\United_States.exe
Favourite Windows® development process: Vista
Favourite Windows® operating system: 7, 98, Vista
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 21 times
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: Problem with Virtualization (VT-X)

Postby TheComputerBetaG » August 19th, 2016, 4:10 pm

Is there a way you can use a different virtualization acceleration other than VT-X?

User avatar
MS-GIL
Windows® 98
Windows® 98
Posts: 151
Joined: May 15th, 2016, 5:13 am
Favourite Windows® development process: Whistler
Favourite Windows® operating system: Windows XP
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 23 times
Gender: Male

Re: Problem with Virtualization (VT-X)

Postby MS-GIL » August 19th, 2016, 7:54 pm

I don't think so. All of them require AMD-V/VT-X

I'm 90% sure I need a bios update but I can't find anything for it on the internet. My setup must be a weird one
ImageCheck out my YouTube channel! Just search MS-GIL on YouTube!

User avatar
TheComputerBetaG
Windows® 98 Second Edition
Windows® 98 Second Edition
Posts: 185
Joined: April 14th, 2016, 5:49 pm
Location: E:\NAmerica\United_States.exe
Favourite Windows® development process: Vista
Favourite Windows® operating system: 7, 98, Vista
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 21 times
Gender: None specified
Contact:

Re: Problem with Virtualization (VT-X)

Postby TheComputerBetaG » August 20th, 2016, 12:17 am

MS-GIL wrote:I don't think so. All of them require AMD-V/VT-X

I'm 90% sure I need a bios update but I can't find anything for it on the internet. My setup must be a weird one


What BIOS are you using? Maybe I can find something.


Return to “The Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest