Welcome to the Windows On Windows® forum! The forum is free for anyone to use, so come join in the fun!

...Forum not enough for you? Chat live with other Windows® fans on our Discord server!

Things we love about this forum

Discuss here anything that does not fit into the other areas of the forum. (If you have a suggestion for a new sub-forum, please make it known by posting in the Suggestions Box.)
MS-GIL
Windows® 98
Windows® 98
Favourite Windows® development process: Whistler
Favourite Windows® operating system: Windows XP

Things we love about this forum

Postby MS-GIL » July 15th, 2016, 10:12 pm

I wasn't sure quite which place to put this thread but I thought we ought to discuss what we like about this forum. For instance the part I like about this forum (other than all the Windows and computer talk) is that I feel like everyone is very friendly. I was a part of beta archive for a while and it just seemed like an unfriendly atmosphere. Almost like I didn't fit in. Even the moderators and staff were rather unfriendly over there. This forum is quite the contrary. Everyone is helpful and friendly towards each other. :)
Thanks to all who have made this forum a great place :D

ImageCheck out my YouTube channel! Just search MS-GIL on YouTube!

alexandru_c
Windows® 98
Windows® 98
Favourite Windows® development process: Windows Server
Favourite Windows® operating system: Windows Server

Re: Things we love about this forum

Postby alexandru_c » July 15th, 2016, 11:47 pm

I also like that everyone here it's just friendly, something very special and needed for a good comunity :) , I also like the forum design, forum administration (the fact that they don't go "crazy" because of a function and start to think that they are better), it's members and also the fact that you are not forced to talk just and only about windows, you can make jokes, create "stories" and also talk about other operating systems.
Finally a forum on which I can stay on and don't end with "maybe I better not post this" when I want to reply or create a topic :) !
Thanks MajorSky17 for creating this amazing comunity!
What can you do with just some basic PHP knowledge: http://splatform.sourceforge.net

Awesome LIVE event right NOW: [url ]http://radiozu.ro/forzazulive/ [ /url] - event over

TheComputerBetaG
Windows® 98 Second Edition
Windows® 98 Second Edition
Favourite Windows® development process: Vista
Favourite Windows® operating system: 7, 98, Vista

Postby TheComputerBetaG » July 16th, 2016, 12:13 am

It is all of what makes the best of a forum! Not only the topics are constricted to Windows but is expanded!

theEstnet
Windows® 2.0
Windows® 2.0
Favourite Windows® operating system: Windows Vista

Postby theEstnet » July 16th, 2016, 2:03 am

Well, I have a hard time fitting in anywhere, but I seem to be doing at least semi-well here! [I think :D], so yes, this forum is a lot more friendly than some other sites out there.
Also I've learned quite a bit more stuff here than I thought I would, about windows and such.
Definitely don't regret signing up here.
Computers: Some really bad HP Pavilion Laptop (main) [Win 10], Dell Dimension 5000 (backup) [Anything I can throw at it] , Dell Studio 1535 (broken) [Win 7]
"A HUM4N G0D THA7 WAS MAN-M4DE
WH3RE 1S Y0UR SAViOR N0W?!"
-Virus.Win32.Savior

MS-GIL
Windows® 98
Windows® 98
Favourite Windows® operating system: Windows XP

Postby MS-GIL » July 16th, 2016, 7:41 am

alexandru_c wrote:I also like that everyone here it's just friendly, something very special and needed for a good comunity :) , I also like the forum design, forum administration (the fact that they don't go "crazy" because of a function and start to think that they are better), it's members and also the fact that you are not forced to talk just and only about windows, you can make jokes, create "stories" and also talk about other operating systems.
Finally a forum on which I can stay on and don't end with "maybe I better not post this" when I want to reply or create a topic :) !
Thanks MajorSky17 for creating this amazing comunity!

I totally agree. it is just relaxed an nice :)
I totally had the same thing with the "I shouldn't post this perhaps" thing. And I love the jokes, games, and stories too.
I raise my glass to MajorSky17 and the rest of the moderators and staff that make this site great :D

theEstnet wrote:Well, I have a hard time fitting in anywhere, but I seem to be doing at least semi-well here! [I think :D], so yes, this forum is a lot more friendly than some other sites out there.
Also I've learned quite a bit more stuff here than I thought I would, about windows and such.
Definitely don't regret signing up here.

I definitely have learned a lot also :)
And I am always one who is awkward and doesn't fit in so I'm glad I'm not the only one with that fear and I do feel you fit in well :D
ImageCheck out my YouTube channel! Just search MS-GIL on YouTube!

Splitwirez
Windows® 95
Windows® 95
Favourite Windows® development process: Vista/Longhorn
Favourite Windows® operating system: WinLH 4039, Win8 7850, Win8.1 9600 (w/ mods)

Postby Splitwirez » July 16th, 2016, 7:23 pm

I love this place because, well...I feel safe here. Safe to post honestly and without fear of being judged.

EDIT: Also, speaking of not being afraid of being judged, would the Lounge be an appropriate place to post random really really weird (mostly-)non-Windows-related artwork? Or is there another place for that? Or what? And can one permanently retain the ability to edit the OP of their own threads? Why hasn't that been fixed? Honestly I'd like this place even more if it were fixed.
ImageImage

MajorSky17
Site Admin
Favourite Windows® development process: Vista
Favourite Windows® operating system: 7

Postby MajorSky17 » July 17th, 2016, 2:04 pm

I also think that the community here seems really friendly and relaxed, unlike a lot of other forums out there. :) Although we are still relatively small compared to the likes of, for example, BetaArchive, we will hopefully continue to grow but more importantly not lose the relaxed, friendly atmosphere. We are all here because of our mutual love of Windows, and no-one is "better" than anyone else. That's the way I always want it to stay.

Splitwirez wrote:EDIT: Also, speaking of not being afraid of being judged, would the Lounge be an appropriate place to post random really really weird (mostly-)non-Windows-related artwork? Or is there another place for that? Or what? And can one permanently retain the ability to edit the OP of their own threads? Why hasn't that been fixed? Honestly I'd like this place even more if it were fixed.

I would go with The Lounge for now. However, as always, if you have any suggestions for new subforums, just post in the Suggestions Box. If there is enough interest, we can get them added. :D
How to count to 10: 1, 2, 3, 3.1, NT 3.1, NT 3.5, 95, NT 4, 98, 2000, ME, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, 10.
Splitwirez wrote:Question...why? Why are you trying to make things look MORE like Windows 10?

Return to “The Lounge”