Welcome to the Windows On Windows® forum! The forum is free for anyone to use, so come join in the fun!

...Forum not enough for you? Chat live with other Windows® fans on our Discord server!

Fraps - Audio out of sync

If you have a technical interest aside from operating systems, discuss it in this forum. This may include questions or discussion about certain hardware and software. [Note: This is not a help forum.]
Vas709
Windows® 2.0
Windows® 2.0
Favourite Windows® operating system: Windows 98, Windows XP

Fraps - Audio out of sync

Postby Vas709 » July 15th, 2016, 5:29 pm

I use Fraps to record games and VMware Workstation. Sometimes, if I record the screen for a long time, the audio may be out of synchronization. For example, the audio does not match what Microsoft Agent characters are saying in my videos. So I have to record the video again in order to avoid audio getting out of synchronization. Do you know how can I fix it? I searched for an answer on the Internet, but some of these answers do not solve that audio problem. Thank you.

TheComputerBetaG
Windows® 98 Second Edition
Windows® 98 Second Edition
Favourite Windows® development process: Vista
Favourite Windows® operating system: 7, 98, Vista

Re: Fraps - Audio out of sync

Postby TheComputerBetaG » July 16th, 2016, 12:11 am

Look into your settings for screen recording, should have it where you can change the Fps or audio sync.

Vas709
Windows® 2.0
Windows® 2.0
Favourite Windows® operating system: Windows 98, Windows XP

Re: Fraps - Audio out of sync

Postby Vas709 » July 16th, 2016, 12:44 pm

TheComputerBetaG wrote:Look into your settings for screen recording, should have it where you can change the Fps or audio sync.

I think I have fixed the audio synchronization in the Movies tab from Fraps window. The problem may be because "Record Win7 sound" was selected and then Fraps didn't properly record the sound. Now, when I selected "Record external input", the audio didn't get out of synchronization.

I will see if the audio is out of synchronization again. Thank you for the answer.

Return to “Tech Talk”